In a quiet residential district in the municipality of Uitikon, between the city of Zurich and Birmensdorf on the west flank of the Uetliberg, in 1957 Wilhelm Fischer built a two-storey single-family house in the characteristic Landi style. The openness of the floor plan and the light, reduced formal idiom determine the character of this house, which has been well cared for up to the present day.
Extract from the yearbook 2009 (Roman Hollenstein):
“[From 1930] Wilhelm Fischer’s office flourished thanks to housing developments in Wiedikon and Höngg, thanks to industrial buildings, but thanks also to agricultural and residential buildings in his home canton. The Villa Fischer, a two-storey house entirely in the Landi style, was erected in Dottikon in 1939. After the war in his design for the Lagler House in Uitikon, which had an open floor plan, Wilhelm Fischer was able to skilfully adapt this type using the cheerful formal idiom of the 1950s, which at that time was cultivated in the circle around Max E. Haefeli.”